1. He downloads the app "What to expect when you are expecting," before you even know there is such a thing, and recites to you, from memory, things you should begin to experience, and continues to do so every single week.
2. He then continues to question you daily about specific symptoms you may be experiencing.
3. Not only does he download the app, he posts in their forums asking for advice on names.
4. He asks you questions like, "does your back hurt," because he has read that it is probably going to start hurting soon.
5. When people tell him congrats, he replies, "Thanks I am pumped!"
6. He posts things on your facebook wall, like "Starting to feel a bit off balance? As your belly grows, your center of gravity changes, so you may begin to occasionally feel a little unsteady on your feet. Try to avoid situations with a high risk of falling. -love you"
7. He refuses to miss a doctors appointment.
8. He remembers things to ask the doctor that I have forgotten.
9. He talks to my belly and makes me put the phone on it so he can talk to the baby when he is not home.
10. He buys books on amazon entitled, "Dude You are Going to be a Dad," and "What to Expect When You are Expecting...for Fathers." And then he actually reads them!
11. He tells me he is never going to change a diaper and I know without a doubt, he is completely kidding.
12. He asks how his baby is doing every single day.
13. He tells me the only gifts he wants are to do with the baby.
14. He can't wait to get the nursery furniture in so he can put it together.
15. He then spends a friday night putting the crib together because he is as excited as I am to get the furniture in.
16. When we go to target, he really wants to look at the baby stuff and points out things to me that will look good in the nursery.
17. He reads books about how to be a great father and then tells me about them.
18. He researches diaper bags that I may like.
19. He tells me often that I am "providing a good home" for our baby right now.
20. He wants to have his private time with our baby, so he talks to her under the covers.
21. He starts taking guitar lessons and practicing daily so that he can play it for our little girl. He then learns how to play the specific lullabies that I ask him to.
22. He tells me often how much he can't wait to meet this little baby.
23. He insists on buying the tiniest little GOLD ballet slippers that she will probably only wear once...if thats not a sign of her already being wrapped around his finger, I don't know what is.
24. He takes me to see the movie "What to expect when you are expecting," and doesn't complain one bit.
25. He realizes how tired I am and doesn't hesitate to cook dinner for me every night after we get home from work.
26. He doesn't complain about my "honeydo" list for him and asks me what order I would like them to be done in before the baby gets here.
27. He tells me all he wants for his birthday is a healthy baby girl.
28. I hear on a daily basis that he just "can't wait till his daughter is here."
29. He actually knows what kangaroo care is and thinks it is a great thing!
30. He loves me and this baby more than anything else in the world. He hasn't complained one bit about my weird pregnancy related idiosyncrasies. He gets me, he tries his best to understand the way I am feeling and does what ever he can to support me. How did this sweet baby girl and I ever get so lucky?
Happy Birthday dear husband of mine! Turning 30 doesn't seem so bad when you have something so special to look forward to in the very near future, does it? I love you to the moon and back and can't wait to see you as a dad to our little kickboxer!