My friend Jane just entered her third year of medical school. Along with having to deal with all the stresses that go along with starting your clinical years of medical school, Jane is also having to be a rock for her family as her father donates a kidney to her sister. You may remember this post. Lo has cystic fibrosis. Lo and her family have been through so so much together over the years and their strength and outlook on life continues to amaze me. They are one of the most incredible families I have ever met. They exhibit strength and perseverance, and after all they have been through, they continue to be so very humble and always doing what they can to help others. Above all else though, they are a Godly example for others. I am amazed how God has worked in this family. Spend one hour with this family, and I promise you will be touched.
|Lo & I at All Sports Ball|
You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden
Please pray for this family & the doctors that will surround them this weekend. Lo just celebrated her 27th birthday and in the words of Jane,
"Today, I'm asking you to help me gift my sister with prayer for her birthday.
I'm asking you to mention my sister and dad on your blog.
I want them to know they are covered in prayer during the July 5 surgery and recovery."
If you are not already an organ and tissue donor, go to http://donatelife.net/ and become one today! The statistics from the Donate Life website of organ donation need to get better!
- More than 100,000 men, women and children currently need life-saving organ transplants.
- Every 10 minutes another name is added to the national organ transplant waiting list.
- An average of 18 people die each day from the lack of available organs for transplant.
- In 2009, there were 8,021 deceased organ donors and 6,610 living organ donors resulting in 28,465 organ transplants.
- Last year, more than 42,000 grafts were made available for transplant by eye banks within the United States.
- According to research, 98% of all adults have heard about organ donation and 86% have heard of tissue donation.
- 90% of Americans say they support donation, but only 30% know the essential steps to take to be a donor.
Don't take your organs to heaven with you. Heaven knows we need them here. ~Author unknown
If you would like to read more about Lo & her family, pick up a copy of "The Spirit of Lo, an Ordinary Family's Extraordinary Journey." It will change your life!
Thank you in advance for your continued prayers, love, and support of this special family.