1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
We took the most amazing road trip of a lifetime down the PCH. We drove from San Francisco to San Diego and had the most incredible time and saw a part of the world that was so breathtakingly beautiful that only God could create. We also celebrated our third wedding anniversary! I also became an aunt!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I stink at keeping resolutions. Two years ago, my resolution was to be more organized...fail! Last year...I can't even remember. I pretty much gave up soda, does that count? This year my resolution is to take care of myself. And I am quite sure my friends and family won't let me break this one.
3. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Thank you God!
4. What countries did you visit?
None this year :) Unless California counts?
5. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory.
May 23 & July 19th.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through the year better than who I was when it started. Getting through the year....period.
7. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking care of myself
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
9. What was the best thing you bought?
The best things I paid for were experiences and memories...California Road Trip of a Lifetime...enough said.
10. Where did most of your money go?
Probably to our trips...sorry hunny. And I sure wouldn't change it for anything! Oh and lets not forget our mortgage, and that...I probably would change!
11. What did you get really excited about?
Seeing Garth Brooks perform in Las Vegas! So amazing!!!
12. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Have a Little Faith in Me.
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? sadder
– thinner or fatter? Beats me, I never weigh myself, probably fatter considering that I cut way down on my mileage.
– richer or poorer? I spend a lot of money. I should stop.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken more photos. Prayed. Dont get me wrong, I pray a lot, but I need to pray more, dont we all?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. How did you spend Christmas?
We went to my mom's for Christmas morning and Andrew's dads for Christmas dinner. Then we had Andrew's mom over for a Christmas dinner a few days later. We always go house hopping on the holidays. It seems to be a tradition around here.
17. What was your favorite TV program?
I got sucked into the Kardashian's this year. Completely obsessed now! I am also such a sucker for the Bachelor and Bachelorette...gets me every time!
18. What were your favorite books of the year?
Hunger Series. What Women Fear. I Will Carry You.
19.What was your favorite music from this year?
Band Perry. Black Eyed Peas. Carrie Underwood.
20. What were your favorite films of the year?
Anything with romance and comedy. I cant remember what movies we even saw, but I know there were a bunch of good ones!
21. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went out to eat with my family. I turned 29.
22. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less stress, but lets face it, everyone has stress, its how you deal with it that matters. So I guess, learning how to deal with my stresses....hmm maybe that should be my new years resolution!?!? Last year was such a challenging year, but I learned a lot about myself and I survived.
23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Hoodies and sweats, good thing "my baby loves me just the way I am." ;)
24. What kept you sane?
Praying, running, my supportive husband and my awesome family and friends. I love them!
25. What was the most enjoyable part of your work?
I work with a handful of amazing people that truly care about others and I have a handful of awesome attendings, it's such a blessing! And of course the cute kiddos that I get to take care of, they make coming to work easier.
26. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
Sometimes you need to take care of yourself. It's ok to seperate yourself from people who bring you down. Saying no is ok. When all else fails, pray.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13