1. Do something really nice -- that no one knows about.
2. Spend more money on other people than I spend on my self. Love my neighbor as I love myself. And love myself as I love my neighbor.
3. Laugh often... especially at advertisements that try to convince me that I must buy more stuff in order to be happy.
4. Learn a new life skill - like carpentry, pottery, or canning vegetables. Teach someone else I life skill I know how to do.
5. Love a few people well, remembering that what is important is not how much we do but how much love we put into doing it.
6. Write a letter to someone I need to say thank you to. Write another letter to someone I need to ask to forgive me.
7. Track down a critic or someone I disagree with and take them to lunch. Listen to them.
8. Compliment someone I have a hard time complimenting... and mean it.
9. Choose life. Do something regularly to interrupt the patterns of injustice - do something to end violence, bullying, war, capital punishment and other mean and ugly things.
10. Pause before every crisis and ask "will this matter in 5 years?"
11. Get outside often and marvel at things like fireflies and shooting stars. And regularly get my hands into the garden... so when I type on the computer I can see dirt under my fingernails.
12. Believe in miracles. And live in a way that might necessitate one.
What would this world be like if we all did this? Definitely something to think about...